Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Rimmel London Scandaleyes Lycra Flex Mascara Review





This mascara has been out for quite sometime and I've been meaning to try it out after I had read the stellar review it got over at clumpsofmascara.com. But new mascaras kept getting in the way! Finally I got my hands on a tube and I've been using it for about two months and I've got a few things to say about this mascara.

Rimmel's Claims: A big volume mascara that won't leave your lashes stiff or brittle, so you can build drama from day to night! Lycra Technology formula makes lashes look full and voluptuous while remaining soft MaxDensity brush covers whole lash line with one effortless coat to reveal and plump every lash.

Okay so this mascara does build up a lot of volume and it builds volume very well. The Max Density brush is very large. Almost too large (I've included the brush with a quarter for scale). I kept nicking my eyelids with the brush and occasionally I still do, but this brush takes a while to get used to. The denseness of the bristles do ensure that your lashes are evenly coated with, so that's another positive.



I don't understand how Rimmel infused Lycra into their mascara but somehow it works. My lashes didn't feel stiff or crunchy but I was able to build volume easily. I find mascaras that claim to make lashes soft aren't so good in the volume department Rimmel's struck the perfect balance.

I find this mascara didn't flake or clump up on me. Then again very few mascaras flake on me. This mascara doesn't make my lashes feel heavy. I can't speak to how this mascara holds a curl because I don't curl my lashes.

Now that one coat claim isn't exactly true. You do have to take the brush and comb through your lashes to get your desired effect. I'm not the sort of person who applies some mascara and then lets it dry and then goes over it again. I used to be and I find that's the fastest road to clump city. I apply a continuous coat until I'm satisifed with the way my lashes look. I took that approach with this mascara and here are my results.

I love it!

This is definitely one of my favourite new mascaras and I'm glad I finally got around to buying it.

Likes:
1. Formula keeps my lashes soft, not crunchy
2. Isn't too wet or too dry
3. Builds volume and length
4. Dense brush ensures defined lashes

Dislikes:

5. The brush is very large and took me a while to get used to
6. The packaging is a bit bulky

 A

No comments:

Post a Comment