Thursday, February 5, 2015

L'Oreal Paris Sublime Soft Gentle Micellar Solution Review



I've heard that Micellar cleansers are popular in Canada and Europe, but I hadn't heard about Micellar cleansers until US beauty bloggers started talking about them! They sounded totally gimmicky to me - Water? This "water" is supposed to clean my face? Okay - so I decided to try it out. I could only find two at Wal-Mart (this L'Oreal one and another Nivea one) and I ended up picking this one because it was on sale, cheaper and had a smaller ingredients list.


So what exactly is a micellar cleanser / water / solution? In the simplest of the simplest terms; micellar water is a liquid that removes dirt and impurities without the need for rinsing due to molecules in the solution called micelles. You can read up on the science behind micellar waters here; http://colinsbeautypages.co.uk/what-is-micellar-water/.



Claims: Beyond makeup removal, the Gentle Micellar Solution cleanses and removes all traces of makeup from the face, eyes and lips in one step. So gentle, it is suitable even for sensitive skin.
Removes makeup and soothes. No rubbing, no rinsing, fragrance free and hypoallergenic. Removes makeup and soothes. No rubbing, no rinsing, fragrance free and hypoallergenic.



I purchased this cleansing water for $6.42 on sale at Wal-Mart but regularly it retails at Wal-Mart for $10.96. To use, you dispense it onto a cotton pad and apply it to your face and then go off about your day. The product has the texture of water but it forms bubbles very easily. It smells exactly like dish soap! Weird but whatever. It's colourless as well.

They say you can use this as a makeup remover but I use it after I wash my makeup off to get off any traces of product. I also use it in the morning to gently cleanse my face.

What I really like about this micellar cleanser is that it showed me which cleansers are actually doing their job of cleaning. I wash my face at the end of the day and then apply this micellar cleanser and I've noticed certain cleansers that I thought were doing a great job of cleaning wasn't doing any cleaning at all, and there was a lot of product coming off onto the cotton swab.

On the skin it feels very much like I was applying water. I was a totally unimpressed at that point until I took the cotton swab off of my skin; there was the dirt! This was after I washed my face! I thought it was clean! It wasn't a lot of dirt but it was enough for me to be impressed.

Sublime soft? Definitely. Once my skin is dry it feels so soft. It feels really soft. Not necessarily moisturized (I wouldn't skip my morning moisturizer) but I do like the fact that it doesn't make my skin feel tight.

In short; I like how gentle this on my skin, how soft it makes my skin, and the fact that it can get those last traces of makeup. I really like this cleanser and I'm looking forward to trying other micellar solutions!

A

No comments:

Post a Comment