Thursday, April 9, 2015

Burt's Bees Honey Lip Balm Review



One of my friends was extolling the virtues of Burt's Bees lip balm so I couldn't resist it anymore. I'm a major lip balm fiend, I've got to try everything so I snagged this lip balm during Target's liquidation sale and here are my thoughts.
 


I bought this lip balm for about $4 at Target but it regularly retails for $4.98. Not worth the price with the experience I've received.



Claims from the Burt's Bees Canada Website: Reward yourself with a sweet treat. Made with sweet, soothing honey, this natural lip balm moisturises and nourishes lips. Plus, it’s packed with beeswax, shea butter, almond oil, cocoa butter and lanolin to keep your lips soft and healthy-looking. Your lips will look as sweet as they taste.



Oh. My. God. There couldn't be anymore fallacies!!! This lip balm wrecked my lips. Maybe I got a bad tube or something but this lip balm was horrendous. It smelt so rank, I couldn't use it. It smelt like camphor and vinegar. There was no sweet taste to speak of. This lip balm tasted as nightmarishly as it smelt.

What I did like was how the lip balm felt. When my lips heated it up it was thick and creamy on my lips. But for the most part it was as tough as nails. I felt like I was rubbing a stick of pure beeswax onto my lips.


In addition to that, my lips broke out in a rash thanks to my test-driving this lip balm. It lasted for three days. I wouldn't touch this lip balm with a ten foot pole. I know I'm being melodramatic but I think I have a right to because of the allergic reaction I suffered at the hands of this lip balm.


I would not repurchase this lip balm ever. I do believe Burt's Bees must have some good lip balms in their arsenal if people keep talking about how good their lip balms are. So I will keep checking out the Burt's bees line.


Likes:


1. Occasional thick and creamy feel
2. All natural ingredients


Dislikes:


1. Horrific smell
2. Horrendous taste
3. Tough texture
4. Major allergic reaction


F-
 

No comments:

Post a Comment