Friday, October 23, 2015

Quo Blending Sponge Review



So I wanted to buy a beauty blender but of course I didn't want to buy something for nearly $30 ($26CDN without tax, so with tax it'll even out to $29.38CDN) if I didn't like it. I've seen this cute little purple guy hiding out in the aisles at Shopper's Drug Mart so I decided to give it a try. And for $5CDN how bad could it be?

This sponge revolutionized my life. Okay, I'm exaggerating but only exaggerating slightly. I will never apply liquid foundation any other way. tt

So this sponge works the same way as the Beauty blender. You soak it with water, squeeze out the excess and use the tool to apply and blend makeup.


Here is a picture of the sponge but it's drying, it gets much smaller then this once it's fully dry. I've read reviews online about people buying knock off beauty blenders and hating them because those sponges don't expand when they're wet. Thankfully this one does. It swells up and gets really large and soft.

Also I've never experienced any bleeding of colour with this sponge.

When I bounce it against my skin it feels really soft and . . .well . . . bouncy! I think bouncing this sponge on my face is the most enjoyable way to apply foundation. In addition to feeling soft - it's not scratchy at all - and providing a little enjoyment this thing does a fantastic job at blending foundation onto my skin.

And applying foundation doesn't take as long as I thought it would. Once this sponge is full of water its surface area expands and I can cover a large area of my skin with my face.

Also this bouncing method is extra refreshing in the summer. The coolness of the damp sponge on my skin is lovely.

Sometimes I squeeze a dollop of foundation onto the back of my hand and then dip the sponge into it and bounce it onto my face. I find when I do that, I end up applying more foundation when I need. What I do is dot the foundation all over my face and then blend with the sponge. The result? The most natural looking, perfectly blended finish. At first my skin looks a little wet but once the foundation sets, my skin looks incredible. My skin looks as flawless as a doll's. I was amazed. My mind was blown at how well this sponge could blend foundation.

With brushes or my fingers I can get a nice finish but it never looks as perfect as when I use this sponge.

Cleaning this sponge is a breeze, especially if I wash it directly after use. I pour baby shampoo into my hand, and form a lather, then rub and squeeze the sponge, and then rinse. I don't apply shampoo directly to the sponge.

 Using the method above I can get my sponge stain free which is incredible as my makeup is dark. Once all the product is out I prop it up sideways on one of my BBW Fine Mist lids to air dry. The sponge shrinks back down to it's original size after about 48 hours of drying indoors. It sounds difficult, but trust me it's easier and quicker then washing brushes, well to me it is LOL!

It took me a while to really get the hang of using this sponge but once I learned how to wash it and how to use it to get the best finish I was in complete and total love. I don't think I could ever go back to applying foundation with a brush or my fingers and even if I could I don't want to LOL! And the fact that this thing is $5CDN? I'm head over heels.

Likes:

1. Gives my skin a flawless finish
2. Blends foundation quickly
3. Expands to a large size when damp
4. Feels very soft on skin
5. Is very fun to use
6. Easier to clean then a brush

Dislikes:

None! I'd be nit-picking! Maybe I'd like to see it come in other colours? That would be real cute!

A+

No comments:

Post a Comment